6lb. turkey breast with bones (with at least 2 cups meat)2 medium onions3 stalks celery1 teaspoon dried thyme1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary1/2 teaspoon dried sage1 teaspoon dried basil1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon1/2 teaspoon saltto taste black pepper1/2 lb. Italian pastina or pasta
1. Place turkey breast in large 6-quart pot. Cover with water until at least 3/4 full.
2. Peel onions, cut into large pieces, and add to pot. Wash celery stalks, slice, and add to pot.
3. Simmer covered for about 21/2 hours.
4. Remove carcass from pot. Divide soup into smaller, shallower containers for quick cooling in refrigerator.
5. After cooling, skim off fat.
6. While soup cools, remove remaining meat from turkey carcass. Cut into pieces.
7. Add turkey meat to skimmed soup, along with herbs and spices.
8. Bring to boil and add pastina. Continue cooking on low boil for about 20 minutes, until pastina is done. Serve at once or refrigerate for later reheating.
Register with Oh My Bingo or log in at the top of this page to post comments on recipes and earn OhMyPoints.